Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lunch for tomorrow (Warning: PHOTO HEAVY!) ;)

Well, first of all, I weighed myself this morning and weighed 227.4 pounds....now this may sound like it isn't much, but after I quit drinking Coke last Thursday, I kinda gorged myself on CHOCOLATE and went up to 230.8! :( Yeah, I will NOT let that moment of weakness happen again.

Now, for my little bit of goodness for today! :) I was going into my garden for Garth (hubby) today to get some green pepper for his spaghetti sauce and I did get them! They were so good and so sweet I wish that there were some more ready that I could just pick and enjoy! :) But, alas, not this time.......BUT- I was lucky enough to go into my little cuke/strawberry patch and found 2 little lemon cukes saying, "HI!" to me....so of course, I said hi back and picked them. I thought they had to have said, "HI" for a reason; right? LOL!

A LITTLE DISCLAIMER: YOU WILL FIND THAT I HAVE A SOMEWHAT UNUSUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH MY "GREEN BABIES". I TALK TO THEM AND BABY THEM AND THAT IS OK, BECAUSE THEY LOVE ME BACK IN SO MANY WAYS! :)

Then off to the main garden for the green peppers...I really did try to remain focused through out the whole time of going and getting the peppers. But, I looked over and saw some snow peas that were just wanting to be picked. Oh my, and once I started picking them, I couldn't stop. ;)  LOL!

So, after I finished picking the snow peas, I was able to go to my original destination: PEPPERS!

Now, those who know me, know that I don't do anything, "just a little". I go BIG everytime, good grief just look at my scrap area! ;) I should be living in Texas...I am sure I would fit in there just fine! :) I have at least 5 types of peppers. I have Anaheim Chilies, jalapenos, orange, red, and green bell peppers, and my sweet banana peppers! :) We did have a couple green peppers ready for us tonight.  But we also had some sweet banana peppers that were wanting to be picked too. There are more than what I picked, but these were the ones that made the "cut" this time. :)

Then while I was inside showing Garth what I had, Jon (our son) asked if the carrots were ready. I looked and some looked ok to pick, although they seemed a bit small and that they needed a little more time, but they were still sweet.

So, I will be having a lunch tomorrow of banana peppers, lemon cuke, and snow peas. ;) I can't wait...can you have garden veggies for breakfast????

2 comments:

  1. You're supposed to eat 5 times a day. I don't think it matters when you eat your veggies. ;)

    ReplyDelete