Monday, August 9, 2010

MY NEWEST JOURNEY

Welcome to my newest journey.  I would like to start by saying: I am NOT stopping my other blog: "The Beautiful Life".  That is a document of my things in my life....and, well, so is this, but THIS is about my weight loss journey....the good and the bad. You seem this is how I used to look in the "old" days.

Now, I look like this:
It really wasn't until seeing the "NOW" pic that I decided that I needed to start this journey.  Sure, I would try working out here and there for a week here, a couple of days there....but I always had some reason for stopping. Sometimes it was that my fibromyalgia was too much for me to deal with. Other times I would blame time or worse yet, MY KIDS!! :(  I mean, REALLY?!?! MY KIDS?!?!?! I should have been smacked for that!
Then there was the eating.  I really don't eat a lot, but when I do...It really isn't the healthiest stuff.  I am BEYOND ADDICTED to Milky Way's Simply Caramel bars and Butterfinger Crisps.  Well, let's just say that I am addicted to chocolate--P.E.R.I.O.D! AND then there is the fact that I am a Total Coke (the drink) Addict.  Roll all that together and no wonder I am where I am at today.

So, where am I at?

Well, the day of the "NOW" pic was taken, I was 228.4 pounds.  One of the things you will see on this blog is that I will be very candid and honest about everything on this journey....even my weight. The numbers don't lie and I am beyond heavy at this point.

What is the reason I am doing this?  Well,  have tried EVERYTHING I can think of, but something like this and I think I will hold myself a little more accountable by doing this.

My goals? Well, while I am not happy with my weight.  I am very happy with my life, except for my aches and pains.  I think my joints might at least feel better if I take some of this mass off.  My inside heart and soul feel like they did when I was younger, but when I'm hurting....it's very hard to let THAT GIRL come through. 

I also hate having my body run the show.  For a lot of things...not just my pain.  It dictates the way I dress, the shoes I wear, whether or not I go swimming, and a few other things.

To be honest, Garth (my hubby) still thinks I am the most beautiful woman in the world.  He has said this for years....only in the past couple of years have I really questioned it...not because of him, but because of what I see and how it makes me feel.

To begin, I am starting simple...I cut out all COKE (I did this on Thursday 8/5/10).  I quit "cold turkey" and completely. I may treat myself here and there (mostly on a special occasion/day/night).  Once I have made it to this Thursday (8/12/10) I will start upping my activity. :)

I will say the withdrawals I have been dealing with for getting rid of the coke the way I did has been horrid. I have had migraines for 2 days and was just hurting. I did try coffee, but that didn't seem to help. BUT....as of today...I think I am non-caffeine dependent!!! WOOHOO! :)

I was 227.4 pounds today when I weighed myself. One pound isn't great, but it is a start.

Thanks for reading the beginning of this journey and I hope you will continue to read.


4 comments:

  1. Kathy YOU CAN do this. I'm available if you would like to chat or vent or whatever. To bad I live here and you there.... we could be doing it together. The most important thing I have learned through weight loss journey is that it works best when you are doing it for you! Will be looking for new updates. A major thing is water, 64oz a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been back on my journey for about a month again. I had lost last year, but gained some of it back again. I am now where I was last September! I have a long way to go, and I would love to share your journey with you. I'm in the same boat. Not with fibromyalgia, but I definitely have a lot of aches and pains from arthritis in my back and neck, achey joints, etc. I'm back at Weight Watchers, and doing well. I am here for you, friend! We can do it!!! Good for you getting off the Coke! Sugar withdrawals give me headaches too, so I can feel for ya. Keep up the great work. It sounds like you are setting realistic and attainable goals, and that is important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know where you're coming from and it's going to be awesome to watch you get where you're going. Lemme know if you need a walking partner.

    ReplyDelete